Monday, February 8, 2010

Blizzard February 2010

So, we had a bit of a blizzard here this weekend. About 2 feet of snow settled over the DC area, resulting in the Federal government closing 4hrs early on Friday and all day today (Monday). Thus, I have pretty much just spent the last 3 and half days hunkered down at home in my PJs drinking hot cocoa, watching Stargate SG-1, and getting chores done around the house. It's been peaceful and relaxing. And, as I have another 3 day weekend next week, I'm at serious risk of staring to feel spoiled. In other words: I like this whole getting paid without working thing; Snow days in the Federal government are much more enjoyable than snow days from elementary school. Haha!

Anyway, this up coming week should be good. I'm planning on stopping by the National Museum of Natural History and the National Museum of the American Indian, which should be fun and educational. And then on Friday, I'm headed home to Delaware to visit the fam and the girlie in Philly. Not a bad way to spend Valentine's Day weekend if I do say so myself. I may be single, but that doesn't mean I have to hermit myself away next weekend!

'Till later, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment