A very dear friend of mine is currently in the ICU after experiencing flu-like symptoms and loosing all feeling in her legs. I'm panicking right now:
1) because she is a very special girl who I consider a great friend, and I hate the idea that she has to go through all this
and
2)because things apparently were going down hill for the past week, and I just found out today
Needless to say, even if this specific situation is not H1N1 related, I am going to get my flu vaccine shot tomorrow. No more putting it off. I can only image how terrifying this all must have been/be for her and her family, and I can't even imagine how I would react if I was in her position. I'm sending so many positive thoughts up to Boston. And I hope any of you who are in the loop keep me updated, please.
Feel better, Girlie! You're going to be all right.
Edit 2/6/2010: After talking to my friend, it can be reasonably assumed this wasn't a swine flu caused incident. More like "the perfect storm" (her words) of too many things going wrong all at the same time. Additionally, I will be going to visit her next weekend I think, since she has move to a rehabilitation center in Philly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment