I've had two snow days already, and today marks my third. It's been estimated that we'll get another foot tonight, which will leave about 3+ feet on the ground after both last weekend's, this weekend's, and tonight's storms. I thought I'd moved away from hellish winters when I left Boston, but apparently snow follows me wherever I go! There's apparently just no winning until I decide to move somewhere permanently temperate.
I'm getting sort of sick of this sitting around and waiting to go back to work thing though. I like my job; I'd like to be back in the office now and actually receive my pay for working. One snow day was fun. The second was somewhat productive, but the third is going to mark the 5th day I've been stuck in the house; I'm running out of things to do! I'm starting to get a little stir crazy in fact; a big part of me can't sit still for too long. I like spending my weekends wandering about the cities I live in, even if that just means going to the grocery store or riding the metro to some random stop not on my normal root. And this weekend, I didn't get to do that. At least last weekend, I got out to Eastern Market on Sunday after the Friday night storm. But these past five days I've been cut off from the outside world, unable to adventure, to explore, and to simply interact with the general public. I'd like that privilege back soon, so if the Federal government could get up and running again, that would be simply lovely in my book.
Not that I'm complaining about the Fed having legitimate concern for it's employees' safety and well beings. Don't get me wrong; it's nice to know that The Man has bit of a soft side about people's ability to commute to work, seeing as many suburban roads are still not plowed and the metro's still only operating underground (no above ground service). More and more, I'm becoming convinced that working for the government may be a legitimately decent way to go.
Anywho, I'll let you guys know if anything worth writing about happens tomorrow during my day off... goodness know I'll probably think of something to write about, even if my rambling is just one way I decide to escape boredom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment