Last Friday as I was walking home from the bus stop, I passed (literally) over 50 red breasted robins, 5 blue jays, and 7 cardinals. My walk is only about a quarter mile or so. I could have sworn that Spring had come early, what with the 60 degree weather; then it dropped back down into the 30s. I maintain that Winter just wanted a good laugh...
Anywho, this week has been rather pleasant.
Last weekend I went to the National Zoo and payed a visit to the giant pandas, big cats, baby gorilla, and other animals there. Since the weather was nice, it was a very enjoyable experience to walk around and visit the furry residents; plus, as it's winter, not everyone thinks of visit the zoo on their weekends off, so there were few crowds blocking my up-close encounters with the animal kingdom. I also finally figured out the bus route that takes me to the local Giant grocery store. It's actually pretty easy as the stop is right in front of the store. Other than that all, I mainly spent the rest of my time off doing things around the house that needed to get done, like summer applications (I got an offer to staff a project in Antigua) and laundry. Not a barrel of fun, but necessary.
This week at work has been interesting. Lots of research, learned to use the coolest scanner ever (this was a lot more interesting than it sounds), and recently have been researching a whole bunch of other stuff to see what documetns are out there. I'm really not allowed to go into any great detail about what I'm doing at work though. Just know that what I'm doing is in fact much more interesting than I can tell you. Additionally, I've been conducting personal verbal interviews with some of the BLM staffers during the past 2 weeks. Basically, this is part of the educational side of my internship, where I get to ask questions about how people got into the positions that they're in. It's amazing how many job possibilities the government has to offer to people with archaeology/anthropology degrees. And I've only been exposed to the BLM so far!!!
Otherwise, a few more things have happened. I scheduled my GRE testing for April 9th. Hopefully this time I'll be a bit more prepared. I also joined a gym, which has been fabulous in the mornings... well, as fantastic as waking up at 5:30 to get a workout in can be. And, I'm officially moving into my real office space tomorrow! No more 2ft of desk space!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment