I just got offered a third internship position (with stipend!) with the National Museum of the American Indian which would involve setting-up an exhibit about the Inka road and managing a bilingual database. I, obviously, had to turn it down though, seeing as it takes place from March to May. It was nice to be given the offer (sans interview) none the less. My applications were apparently pretty successful, if I do say so myself.
Concerning my actual internship though, I'm pretty ready to go, minus the fact that I still haven't signed a lease on an apartment. Minor details, right? But not to worry, I'm going down to D.C. on Saturday with the parents to look at about six options that I've gather from craigslist, my dad's friend from college's fellowship mailing list, and my sister's sorority sister's mass emailing tactics. All seem to be pretty viable options scatter throughout the city and surrounding suburbs, so I'm not too worried about finally securing a location for habitation. Plus, worst case scenario a couple of couches have been offered for short stays if it takes me a little longer to find a place. Again though, I'm not too worried, and I really do think I'll have a place to move into by the 8th or so.
Other than all that, not too much going on here. Just prepping to take the GRE (again), looking for field options for this summer, and rounding out my business casual wardrobe (guess who finally gave in and bought a suit?). It's nice to have time to do all this stuff, but on the other hand, I'm ready to get working. All this vacation time is making me antsy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment