Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My fresh start in D.C.

So, I moved into my new abode on Saturday, started work Monday, and am already half way through my 1st week at the BLM! Things are going well. I have public transportation pretty down pat already, made friends with the house dog, checked out the Department of the Interior, walked by the White house, bonded with my awesome anthropologist housemate, went to a WAPA Christmas party, and am getting to know my super cool new boss pretty well. I'm liking my time in Washington so far, and I know there's a ton more to come. Now, I just have to finish up being processed into the system at work so that I can get my schedule pretty set. And find a gym. But these things come with time...

Also, I'm restarting my preparations for the GRE! Take2 is going to be so much better, and I have a study plan already in place to help keep me focused. I'm thinking about taking the test in April, which gives me about 2.5 months to prepare. If I really crack down and study every day, I should be more than good!

Other than all that, I'm just continuing to get settled here. I think I'm going to see my buddy, Jase, this weekend, and he'll be able to show me the city a bit more.

So, so far I'm loving D.C.; let's hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment